Monday, December 10, 2012

Happy Holidays!

Well it's been awhile since my last post. Hurricane Sandy knocked out our power for a couple weeks and created such a mess that our town is still cleaning fallen trees from the sides of the roads. Since then the winter has been rather mild.

 I've finished some pieces that were left incomplete including this holiday piece. I wonder if it's the norm to have a bunch of unfinished pieces lurking at all times. If I get to a point where I'm unsure where I want to go with a piece I just leave it for however long it takes me to think up a solution. It's amazing how your subconscious continues to work on issues and ideas come to you when you don't fret. Now if I am given strict parameters to work with from the start, I seem to have an easier time decision-wise. There are also many pieces that just flow and feed from each other.

Christmas will soon be upon us. This year I've been decorating slowly and I think it may be more fun for my family to see a little more holiday every few days instead of it all at once. They also seem to be noticing things more. It's certainly easier and more enjoyable for me to decorate this way. I've been playing music on my smartphone through the Songza app and have really enjoyed the Christmas collections. I hope everyone will have a peaceful and safe holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment